According to the European Commission, the bill will prevent companies from acting like FTX.
Chivo wallet was used to swindle millions of dollars from El Salvador, accuses programmer.
Bitcoin en español is CriptoNoticias’ weekly newsletter in which we review the most important facts about bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and blockchain in the Hispanic world.
Among this week’s highlights in Latin America is the Colombian Congress’ approval of a law that will regulate the operation of exchanges.
The Colombian proposal focuses on the legal protection of users.. It is an idea that is also being discussed by the Argentine Congress, where parliamentarians have also held a debate to advance the issue of bitcoin regulation.
In another part of the region, the government of El Salvador has been accused by a developer because of scams that were committed using the Chivo wallet.
To go into detail about the news from each Spanish-speaking country during the past week, we leave you with the most recent Bitcoin in English.
Argentine Congress debates regulation of bitcoin
Two Argentine congressional committees have discussed the amendment of a law on money laundering to include cryptocurrency exchanges. The meeting was held on Nov. 24 and was attended by The purpose of the meeting was to establish some regulations On virtual activities.
Meanwhile, Argentine stock exchange Quantia is trying to recover its clients’ funds.after being affected by the FTX incident. To this end, the platform already has prepared a plan.
And rightly so, following the failure of FTX, Latin American stock exchanges are considering the release of their reserve tests..
In this regard, platforms in the region have different criteria for submitting such evidence. There is also a group of companies which have not yet spoken on the subjectbut stated that they would do so in the future.
Colombia approves bill
The House of Representatives of Colombia’s Congress has approved a bill. to regulate foreign exchange offices operating in the country..
The initiator of the project, Congressman Julián López, said that the document will allow “define the rules Clear rules of the game” to make the bitcoin ecosystem of legalization in Colombia.
According to López, the goal is to “recognize cryptocurrency exchange platforms and protect cryptocurrency users.”
The document will be submitted to the Senate for discussion. The proposed regulations contain. 6 key points which will establish the basis for the regulation of bitcoin exchanges in that nation.
The developer accuses the government of El Salvador.
Developer Shaun Overton has called the government of El Salvador to account. For scams committed using the Chivo Wallet.a government-backed bitcoin wallet. He pointed out that has been used to defraud millions of dollars.
Meanwhile, the children of El Salvador have been using an ATM machine, created by a Salvadorancapable of convert physical currencies to sats or bitcoin cents.
A video shared on Twitter by CryptoNews shows a group of children waiting in line to make change with the Lightning micropayment network.
Bank of Spain calls for Bitcoin regulation.
A European Commission official has issued an urgent appeal to end discussions. on the law that would regulate the bitcoin market in Europe..
The deputy director general of the Financial Services Unit of the European Commission said that with a legislative regime such as the one in place proposed in the eurozoneThere will be no enterprise in the European Union replaying the actions committed by the managers of the collapsed FTX exchange..
For his part, Bank of Spain Governor Pablo Hernández de Cos said in a speech that the Bitcoin market could “destabilize” the traditional financial system. He called for regulation of the ecosystem. According to a “predictive approach”.
At the same time, the Iberian monetary body announced the launch of a program to experiment with digital currencies, or CBDCs. To this end. seek “cooperation” of companies potentially interested in this type of project.
Events of the week
Among the events related to bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain in the region for this week, the following stand out. CryptoNews Calendar:
- Tuesday, December 6 to Thursday, December 8“Metaverse Global Summit 2022” event, a virtual conference organized by the Metaverse Club.
- Wednesday, December 7 and Thursday, December 8: Third Israel Crypto Conference event, virtual conference in Paraguay.
- Wednesday, Dec. 7Second edition of “Crypto Summit del Sur II” event, virtual conference in Paraguay.
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: “Crypto Mendoza 2022” event, face-to-face conference organized by Champagnat University.
- Thursday, December 8 and Friday, December 9: “Monagas Innova” event, conference to be held in Maturín, Venezuela.
- Friday, December 9: MITup 2022,” organized by the community of Misiones, Argentina.
Merchants accepting cryptocurrencies in Spanish-speaking countries.
- Grenada Triangle (Cultural Center, Armenia, Quindío, Colombia)
- Beekeeping field (Beekeepers, Bogota, Colombia)
- PagueloFacil (online platform, Panama)
- AGRICULTURE SOCIETY (Pharmacy in Arequipa, Peru)
- Neco Charming Hotel, (San Bernardo Del Tuyu, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina)
- Video marketing agency (Shop in Chile)
- Delicias De Ceci Parrilladas (restaurant, Salinas, Ecuador)
- Destinations Tours Travel and Ecotourism (travel agency, Colombia)
- JAM Services (Maxikiosko in Misiones, Argentina)
- Taqueria Cinco La del Centro (Restaurant, Veracruz, Mexico)
- Insight (Clothing store in Caracas, Venezuela)
- Mono Congo (Coffee in Dominical, Costa Rica)
- Farmal (Pharmacy in Dominical, Costa Rica)
- La Setentaycrepes (restaurant in Bogotá, Colombia)
Do you know or own a small business that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for its products and services?
We invite you to share your information with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm the data provided and report on that company’s cryptocurrency adoption in one of the Spanish-speaking countries.
À la une1 year ago
What is Injective (INJ) and how to buy it? ✅ 2022
News2 years ago
Amazon dans l’écosystème WAX | Où peut aller le $ WAXP ? Analyses
News5 years ago
Prix des crypto-monnaies aujourd’hui 23 avril 2019, une matinée de forte accélération pour BTC
News4 years ago
Prévisions Bitcoin, tout comme prévu! Prix BTC en tendance baissière … et maintenant?
News4 years ago
Prix du Bitcoin, prévu aujourd’hui: hausse en vue pour BTC? Voici à quoi s’attendre!
News5 years ago
Prix des crypto-monnaies aujourd’hui 10 avril 2019, marché en reprise
News5 years ago
Prix des crypto-monnaies aujourd’hui 8 mai 2019: marché en baisse pour le main et l’altcoin
News4 years ago
Prix Ethereum toujours supérieur à 180 $, attendez avant d’acheter ETH